Applying for credit towards Year 10 and Year 12 Certificates
The Academic Council of Accelerate Educational Ministries (AEM) will consider non-A.C.E./AEM courses upon application.
Criteria for approval of courses are:
- Length of course. The general rule is that 1 credit may be given per 60 indicative hours; that is, including formal lesson time plus time expected to complete course work. The nature and difficulty of the work has a bearing on the number of hours required per credit;
- Level of the work. Evidence should be provided that the level of the work done matches the level of credit given.
- Clear scope and sequence of the course. A list of topics may suffice; for example, from the contents page of a text book.
- Assessment strategy. Evidence must be provided that the course work is assessed and that the student can achieve a passing grade or score.
- Compatibility with a Christian Biblical worldview. The course does not need to be Christian, but must not directly contradict AEM’s Statement of Faith or a traditional Biblical worldview.
The maximum number of credits awarded for a course is 2 per year or 4 per certificate level. Exception may be made in which 6 credits may be given for an appropriate course length if it can be demonstrated that the course directly relates to the student’s career aspirations.
All applications are considered on a case-by-case basis by the Academic Council of AEM.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?